Thursday, July 10, 2008

Music in the Garden



A brief thunderstorm last night couldn't deter some dedicated gardeners and neighbors from attending a performance by blues musician Lloyd Thayer. This concert is one of a series that the Boston Natural Areas Network is bringing to different community gardens around the city. A class on Wednesday nights kept me away, but I managed to procure a few photos of the event.

My husband Steve captured the recently-elected Steering Committee members who were on hand. From left to right, they are Allan, John, Nancy, Julianna, Todd, and Jennifer. Terry could not attend.

Without the Steering Committee, it would be difficult to organize gardeners and other neighbors around important tasks such as maintaining the common areas, making important decisions, ensuring that everyone fulfills their work requirement (only 4 hours a year!), and organizing barbecues and other events such as this one. These people have volunteered their time and energy, and I certainly appreciate their efforts.

Thanks also to Allan for sending me some photos including the one above featuring Lloyd performing and everyone enjoying the music as well as each others' company. I'm sorry I missed it.

No comments: